[Zope-dev] Re: The bleak Future of Zope?

Jamie Heilman jamie at audible.transient.net
Wed Apr 21 14:10:48 EDT 2004

Jim Fulton wrote:
> >Oh, and about Maik's comment that ZC is the bottleneck in Z2 dev--Jim,
>
> I think it was Andreas

Ah, you're right, oh well apart from who said it...

> >you might not agree with Maik, but hidden security bugs over a year
> >old aren't something the rest of the community can do anything
> >about.
>
> Are you suggesting that we hid them?  As soon as we found out about
> them, we mobilized the whole company to work on them.  This was a
> big deal that we put a lot of effort into over a fairly short time.
> How is this evidence that we were a bottleneck?

I think you're confusing the past with the present.  There is at least
1 hidden security bug thats been sitting in the queue for a year
*right now*.  I'm not talking about the stuff that was fixed in the
last audit.  As for why they are hidden, well thats, the *$@%ing
collector that encourages it, and as ZC runs the collector that puts
the ball squarely in ZC's court.

--
Jamie Heilman                     http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"You came all this way, without saying squat, and now you're trying