[Zope-dev] Re: zLOG changes

Tres Seaver tseaver at zope.com
Wed Apr 21 15:39:27 EDT 2004

Andreas Jung wrote:

> --On Dienstag, 20. April 2004 17:19 Uhr -0400 Fred Drake <fred at zope.com>
> wrote:
>
>>  > - when adding
>>  >     LOG = getLogger(...)
>>  >     LOG.info(...)
>>  >   to some modules then the output is only written to the event.log but
>> no  > longer to stdout
>>  >    (if running in debug mode). Is this change intentional?
>>
>> I'm not sure what the right approach to fixing this is.  There are a
>> couple of  choices:
>>
>> - In debug mode, add a new handler that dumps to standard output.
>> This is
>>   fairly easy to code, but is inflexible.
>

> But flexible enough for most usecase. The point is that you want to see
> the tracebacks
> on the console during the development phase. Watching the event.log with
> tail -f is
> somewhat annoying.

   $ zopectl
   zopectl> fg
   export EVENT_LOG_FILE
   EVENT_LOG_FILE=
   /home/tseaver/projects/SFASP/var/zope/bin/runzope
   ------
   2004-04-21T15:37:01 INFO(0) ZServer HTTP server started at Wed Apr 21
15:37:01 2004
           Hostname: quervo.zope.com
           Port: 28080
   ------
   2004-04-21T15:37:01 INFO(0) ZServer FTP server started at Wed Apr 21
15:37:01 2004
           Hostname: quervo.zope.com
           Port: 28021
   ------
   ------
   2004-04-21T15:37:10 INFO(0) Zope Ready to handle requests

Why use the console, when you have zopectl?

Tres Seaver                                tseaver at zope.com