[Zope-dev] Re: The bleak Future of Zope?!

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Thu Apr 22 03:16:24 EDT 2004

Chris Withers wrote:

> Andre Meyer wrote:
>
>> With respect to CMS, Plone archetypes are too simplistic for complex
>> data/document types and customisation takes too much effort.
>
> totally agree...

I have the same experience.

They keep refactoring how a single small (and relatively uninterresting)
subset of problems can be solved. In the meantime all the products
depending on the framework are in a perpetual state of broke.

Furthermore they keep forking the codebase and giving it new names.

I have a few Plone Products, and while it takes a bit to get the
skeleton set up correctly, it is never that part of the product
development that takes the most time.

After the setup I can then enjoy that I don't have to fight the
constraints of a framework.

regards Max M