[Zope-dev] Referencial Integrity in ZCatalogs

Santi Camps scamps at earcon.com
Mon Aug 2 09:18:50 EDT 2004

En/na Roché Compaan ha escrit:

> Have a look at Archetypes, it does what you want.
>
>     http://sourceforge.net/projects/archetypes

I think you are talking about SQLStorage of Archetypes.   Storing some
attributes in a Relational Database and using foreign keys in it can
solve the problem.  But I have some inconveniences to use Archetypes:
1) I don't use CMF.  My applications aren't content management
applications, but business oriented applications.
2) I like to distribute my applications without needing BBDD
installation.   Just download and run.   Having a relational database
backend will need some extra installation

In any case, use SQLStorage without CMF could be interesting.   I don't
know if it is possible.   Do you know ?

Thanks

Santi Camps