[Zope-dev] Referencial Integrity in ZCatalogs

Roché Compaan roche at upfrontsystems.co.za
Mon Aug 2 07:27:45 EDT 2004

Santi Camps wrote:
> En/na Roché Compaan ha escrit:
>
>> Have a look at Archetypes, it does what you want.
>>
>>     http://sourceforge.net/projects/archetypes
>>
> I think you are talking about SQLStorage of Archetypes.

I was actually thinking of the implementation of References, which uses
the ZCatalog in manner you described.

> Storing some
> attributes in a Relational Database and using foreign keys in it can
> solve the problem.  But I have some inconveniences to use Archetypes:
> 1) I don't use CMF.  My applications aren't content management
> applications, but business oriented applications.
> 2) I like to distribute my applications without needing BBDD
> installation.   Just download and run.   Having a relational database
> backend will need some extra installation

You should be able to strip away CMF dependencies, but why bother. We
develop business applications with Archetypes on top of CMF.

--
Roché Compaan
Upfront Systems                 http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za