[Zope-dev] Problems with session on ZEO

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Wed Aug 4 09:27:41 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 08:47, Gerhard Schmidt wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 08:37:28AM -0400, Chris McDonough wrote:
> >
> > Wow!  You appear to be the first person to get this symptom who does not
> > use Plone.  This is a great data point.  This error is being tracked at
> > http://zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1401 .  There is no solution currently,
> > we need volunteers to help reproduce and/or debug it.
>
> I am running plone2.

Ah.  Well, at least it continues to be consistent then...

> > > Restarting the zeo server and one frontend fixes the problem for some
> > > time.
> > >
> > > i am running Zope 2.7.2 and Python 2.3.4
> > >
> > > Here is the zeo config
> >
> > <snip config>
> >
> > I suspect the fact that you're running sessioning over ZEO doesn't much
> > matter here as people who are using the default config also get the
> > error... (which is a good data point in itself).
>
> Im getting this error since i have updated to Zope 2.7.1 and switched from
> filestorage to tempstorage for sessioning.

I suspect the first change (updating to Zope 2.7.1) is to blame, and the
second change (switching from filestorage to tempstorage) is unrelated.

I wish I had a solution other than "move back to 2.7.0" for you, but I
don't.  Someone needs to help make this error trivially repeatable in
order to get it fixed.

- C