[Zope-dev] New function for error log

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Sat Aug 28 12:43:57 EDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-08-28 at 11:35, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> > Due to the fact that this is a feature and the code provides no unit
> > test infrastructure (and I don't have the time to start doing that for
> > the error log) I'd like to know what the general rule for Zope 2 is, If
> > I want to make improvements to existing code that isn't covered by unit
> > tests at all.
>
> That's an interesting question. What is the unit test policy if I
> change/improve a part of the Zope code that has no unit tests at all.
> Would I be expected to create unit tests for the whole thing all of a
> sudden?

In another post Tres' likened doing so to "supererogation"
(http://www.iep.utm.edu/s/superero.htm) which I think means to imply
that doing so will get you points in programmer heaven (well, depending
on your programmer dogma I suppose) but isn't strictly required.

I try to create at least *one* unit test for something that isn't tested
at all if I add a feature to it, testing my feature. ;-)  At least then
it gives people somewhere else to start.

- C