[Zope-dev] getUserById

Stefan H. Holek stefan at epy.co.at
Sun Dec 12 10:46:12 EST 2004

In User.py the method is defined as

def getUserById(self, id, default=_marker):
     try:
         return self.getUser(id)
     except:
         if default is _marker: raise
         return default

I am wondering whether anybody actually depends on the fact that
getUser is supposed to raise an exception. I know of no user folder
implementation that actually does that.

Rather, I'd like to change it to the way it's done in LDAPUserFolder
where the method looks (more or less) like:

def getUserById(self, id, default=_marker):
     user = self.getUser(id)
     if user is None and default is not _marker:
         return default
     return user

Any objections?

Stefan

--
The time has come to start talking about whether the emperor is as well
dressed as we are supposed to think he is.               /Pete McBreen/