[Zope-dev] Re: SOAP Support for ZOPE

John Ziniti jziniti at speakeasy.org
Thu Dec 16 14:34:13 EST 2004

Brian Lloyd wrote:
>   - It is a pain to do anything with SOAP because the
>     publisher has a hard-coded idea that anything xml must
>     be xml-rpc
>
> This would be minimally disruptive to the Zope core, while enabling
> people interested in SOAP to evolve different solutions without
> everybody having to buy into a particular approach or implementation
> right now.

+1

I think these ideas are great, but wasn't it also you who said,
"Unfortunately, though, this misfeature has  been around for a long time
and would break a lot of people if the default were changed."  I think
getting this changed might be met with some amount of resistance.  If
we're voting ;-) I vote for biting the bullet and making the change
today.

John Ziniti