[Zope-dev] bug in 2.6.2, 2.6.1 , and probably others.

Romain Slootmaekers romain at zzict.nl
Tue Feb 3 12:18:55 EST 2004

Yo,

I just stumbled on a bug in the python scripting parameter passing.
It seems that under certain conditions, the actual parameters are
ignored, and the default parameters are always used.

It is best shown by the following example:

0) create a python script with the following source:

## Script (Python) "buggy"
##bind container=container
##bind context=context
##bind namespace=
##bind script=script
##bind subpath=traverse_subpath
##parameters=a = 'default_a', b = 'default_b', c = 'default_c'
##title=exposes a bug in 2.6.1 and 2.6.2
##
print a
print b
print c
return printed

1) in the ZMI click on the "test" tab
and fill in the values:

parameter	value
a		a
b		b
c		c

2) click on "run script"

3) the result page is:

default_a
default_b
default_c

that's not what it should be.

I quickly browsed the bug collector and did not found a related issue,
but before I file a bug report, I'd like to know what versions are affected.

I don't have the time nor the desire to install all versions and test
this. So if you guys could take a minute to test it on your version.

tia,

Romain Slootmaekers.