[Zope-dev] Zope2.7.0rc2 AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'setHeader'

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Feb 6 16:14:48 EST 2004

Tony McDonald wrote at 2004-2-5 19:29 +0000:
>> Looks like "RESPONSE" is "None".
>>
>> I do not see how this can happen...
>>

>Exactly! - this is why I said I'd never seen this before.
>
>It's a 2.6.1 Data.fs that's been dropped into a stock 2.7.0rc2 release
>and I get this error.

Whether or not "RESPONSE" is "None" should not be dependent on
the "Data.fs" ("RESPONSE" is recreated for each request and
is independent of persistent objects).

>I have no idea why this is happening, so I was hoping that it was an
>artifact of the 2.7.0rc2 release itself.
>
>> Probably, I would start debugging.
>>

>Quite likely, but I have *no* idea where to start with this. All the
>modules mentioned in the trackback are Zope supplied ones, not third
>party ones, so I'd assumed it might be the core software.

"REQUEST.RESPONSE" is set up in
"ZServer.HTTPServer.zhttp_handler.continue_request".
It should be impossible that is is "None".

Maybe, we have a memory corruption.
I have seen objects magically becoming "None" in
Python versions with memory corruption problems (Python 2.1.1).

--
Dieter