[Zope-dev] Zope, forking and cpu-affinity

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Feb 11 14:43:38 EST 2004

Dario Lopez-Kästen wrote at 2004-2-11 09:39 +0100:
>I have some trouble doing cpu-afiinity wiht zope. I can affinitise the
>parent process just fine, however, zope forks and the children get
>spread out all over the CPUs.

Zope itself does not fork (unless you use "system", "popen" or things like
that; in these cases, you do not want to bind the children to the same
processor).

"z2.py" has an option (on by default on Unix) that uses
a daemon supervising Zope. This daemon forks once
to spawn the real Zope process.

--
Dieter