[Zope-dev] Re: How to make Zope fail nicely under high load?

Peter Sabaini peter at sabaini.at
Thu Feb 12 11:40:05 EST 2004

Bjorn Stabell wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>

>>I think I did find some sort of knob for this
>>
>>For Apache 2.0, mod_cache, dir. CacheIgnoreCacheControl could be used
>>for this
>>http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_cache.html
>>
>>For Apache 1.3 mod_proxy, dir. CacheMaxExpire could do
>>http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_proxy.html#cachemaxexpire
>

> I think this will force Apache to cache content no matter if the
> content's headers have cache control settings, but will it force Apache
> to not re-request the content if the browser forces a reload?
> (Ctrl-refresh in IE.)

This really should be tested, but as far as I can remember it did serve
from cache rather than rerequest. Its been some time since I did this
(and at another company) and unfortunately I cant remember this too
clearly... From the 'CacheIgnoreCacheControl' at least it does sound
like it would ignore the spec and serve cached content though.

cheers,
peter.