[Zope-dev] restrictedTraverse doesn't give the good container.

Pascal Samuzeau samuzeau at oreka.com
Fri Feb 13 06:56:13 EST 2004

Hi,

Today, I have this situation:

Under my root Zope Site, I have this hierachy:
- FolderA
---FolderB
----FolderC
-----FolderC

What is interesting is that a folder named "FolderC" appears under
another folder named with the same name.

Assuming the path is the good one (path=.../.../FolderB)
I try :
herenow = context.restrictedTraverse(path+'/FolderC')  -> OK
herenow = herenow.restrictedTraverse(path+'/FolderC')  -> OK

Now I just delete the last FolderC, I have:
- FolderA
---FolderB
----FolderC

I try :
herenow = context.restrictedTraverse(path+'/FolderC')  -> OK
herenow = herenow.restrictedTraverse(path+'/FolderC')  -> OK

BUT here I'm just not where I think to be, just because of the
acquisition !!!

I have no time to have a look on this, but anyone have seen this
problem and resolved it?

Sincerily
PS