[Zope-dev] Proposal (was How to make Zope fail nicely under high load?)

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario at ita.chalmers.se
Thu Feb 19 10:17:08 EST 2004

Bjorn Stabell wrote:
> I wrote up a simple proposal for how to change Zope to work better under
> heavy load:
>

> http://zope.org/Members/bjorn/proposals/MakeZopeFailNicelyUnderHeavyLoad
>
> The solution is a bit different from what we discussed on the list
> before; basically do away with the Medusa request queue altogether and
> use listen()'s backlog instead.
>
> Comments are welcome.

I think this might be a viable way, thogu I really can'ty comment on the
  tech details (becaus of lack of knowledge).

I do remember from quite some time ago that some people had replaced
Medusa altogheter with something different (Apache + mod_python,
Twisted...) - any one heard anything about this?

/dario

Dario Lopez-Ka"sten, IT Systems & Services Chalmers University of Tech.