[Zope-dev] PageTemplates and Euro Symbol

Michael Kerrin michael.kerrin at openapp.biz
Mon Feb 23 11:32:18 EST 2004

Hi all,

   I am currently working on a project to generate a load of invoices
for a client. In doing so I have developed a product RMLPageTemplates
(can be downloaded from  http://www.openapp.biz/devel ) which basically
extends the PageTemplates product so that I can embed tal statements
into a RML xml file and then use trml2pdf to produce a the invoice in
PDF.

   Now the client wants a book of all the current invoices which I
create by basically following the instructions on this zopelab page
(http://www.zopelabs.com/cookbook/1010674274) to loop through each of
the invoices  and to get the PDF data for that invoices using the
mapply function and then to create one big PDF file with the  texexec
command line program.

   Now the problem is that the Euro symbol which I have in the invoices
is only showing up on the first page of my book and not any of the
later pages. On the later pages I am seeing a question mark instead of
euro symbol. By printing  out the xml returned directly from the
PageTemplate product  (before it gets converted to PDF by the trml2pdf
module) I can see that the euro symbol is missing from all but the
first page in my loop and I have that dreaded question mark instead.I
have seen the question mark showing up before when I had the charset
and/or the xml encoding set wrong in but I thought I got around that.

   I am pretty stuck at the moment and would appreciate any help

   Thanks a million,

   Michael Kerrin