[Zope-dev] Zope 2.X BIG Session problems - blocker - our site dies - need help of experience Zope developer, please

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sat Feb 28 16:32:30 EST 2004

alex at halogen-dg.com wrote at 2004-2-28 11:07 +0200:
>> Yes, it's still broke.  No, there is no fix.  Sorry.
>
>Thanks Cris. Thats very bad. It is very bad from end-user perspective that
>such critical bug has been found more then year ago, and nobody at Zope
>has fixed their code during a year time.

When we started using Zope sessions, we experienced a set
of session problems. I started fixing them, but it turned out
that the implementation was very ambitious, too ambitious to
get it safe. I, therefore, switched plans and implemented
an alternative "Transience" module -- much simpler and less ambitious.
We use it since then in a medium load production
environment and did not see any more problems.

I asked my boss whether I can release this implementation
as "Open Source". He said "sure".

I still have to hash out a few organisational questions but
I expect the module will be available within 2 weeks.

--
Dieter