[Zope-dev] Zope 2.X BIG Session problems - blocker - our site dies - need help of experience Zope developer, please

alex at halogen-dg.com alex at halogen-dg.com
Sun Feb 29 10:44:43 EST 2004

Hi Chris,

> Well, I was also shamed into creating a new implementation of the
> sessioning stuff that might work better under higher load.

Thank you very much for a fast fix/replacement of Transience :)

> The people that are now having problems should try to replace the file
> in their Zope software home named
> "lib/python/Products/Transience/Transience.py" with this one:
>
> http://cvs.zope.org/*checkout*/Zope/lib/python/Products/Transience/Transience.py?rev=1.32.12.2.2.1
>
> (be sure to make a backup of the original file first)

I installed new Transience.py. During my little test it works fine.
But real test will be on Monday when students start logging in as complete
classes, sometimes there are hundreds of them logging on simultaneously,
so we will see.

I copied original file, so in case of problems, I will put it back
and restart Zope.

> After putting the new file in place, restart Zope and see what happens.
> This stuff was just checked in, so there's sure to be some edge case
> bugs, but all the unit tests pass and the UI still works.  Please report
> results back here, if possible.

I will report if any problem occurs.

Alex

--