[Zope-dev] Re: Builtins on Zope 2.6.3

Tres Seaver tseaver at zope.com
Fri Jan 9 11:17:30 EST 2004

Christian Theune wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i have the strange feeling that somebody forgot to include the
> AccessControl.ZopeGuard.safe_builtins for DTML.
>
> See DT_Utils.py around line 56 and the corresponding imports as well as
> the definition of safe_builtins in ZopeGuard.py.
>
> Could someone verify this?

Could you suggest a fragment of DTML which would serve as a test case?
Such a fragment would either:

   - fails if your suspicion is true, but shouldn't?

   - doesn't fail, but should.

FWIW, we *did* actually do "functional" testing, including:

   - Creating and minimally exercising every item available through the
     default ZMI add list;

   - Creating and verifying that DTMLDocument, DTMLMethod, PythonScript,
     and PageTemplate objects could show dynamic content;

   - Bringing up CMF 1.3.3 and 1.4.2, as well both with old and new
     sites;

   - Bringing up a new Plone 1.0.5 site and adding content;

   - Bringing up several of our large customer-specific applications.

This testing *did* find several "brown-bag" issues, before the release,
which hadn't been caught be the unit tests.

Tres.
Tres Seaver                                tseaver at zope.com