[Zope-dev] Re: CVS: Releases/Zope/lib/python/ZEO - simul.py:1.12.8.2.18.18

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sat Jan 17 17:02:05 EST 2004

Jeremy Hylton wrote at 2004-1-16 16:53 -0500:
>The branch tag is used for making releases for both ZODB and Zope
>releases.  We decided to use the same branch so that we didn't have to
>port bug fixes to so many different branches.
>
>One downside of that merge, which we didn't realized until after it was
>done, is that you now get a ZEO directory in a Zope checkout on the 2.6
>branch.  I think there was email about the discovery at the time

I found this out and was very happy...

That said, I would be (a bit) unhappy when the branch
information were lost for ZEO. My "CVS" working directory
(which now contains Zope and ZEO from the 2.7 branch)
would probably have some difficulties to update after the
branch information is lost.

It would not be a big problem, though, if I learn that
it happened...

--
Dieter