[Zope-dev] How to add sections to zope.conf?

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Jul 16 14:21:01 EDT 2004

Chris Withers wrote at 2004-7-16 08:52 +0100:
>Dieter Maurer wrote:
>> You must extend the "zopeschema.xml" or let your process use
>> a schema derived from "zopeschema.xml" (schema support some form
>> of inheritance).
>
>Is there any way for a Product to do this or do I actually have to go and
>manually spank zopeschema.xml when I install my product?

Hm: was the sentence not clear?

Yes, you either must change "zopeschema.xml" or use a different one
(which may inherit from "zopeschema.xml").

There is also a way for the class interpreting the schema
to add configuration options not present in the schema.
See the "add" method in "zdaemon.zdoptions.ZDOptions".
Zope currently does not provide a registration facility
to use this way by products. Of course, you can change
the code...

--
Dieter