[Zope-dev] Making a ZSQL.DA fully multi-threaded?

Brad Clements bkc at murkworks.com
Wed Jul 21 11:53:18 EDT 2004

On 21 Jul 2004 at 16:44, Chris Withers wrote:

> My point is that unless you implement a connection pool model independent
> of Zope's threading, you WILL run into problems if you have ANY kind of
> timeout where the DA isn't smnart enough to reconnect connections that have
> closed...

I understand. sapdbapi is *supposed* to reconnect on timeout.

> Tada: You made sure that one connection will get used and you won't get
> stale ones being timed out and then randomly selected for use at some later
> point ;-)

I disagree that this was the cause of the segfaults, since I had segfaults within minutes of
starting zope with more than 1 thread, way less than the timeout time.

> Either that or restructure the DA like I did for ZOracleDA ;-)

I want to do that. Hope my client will pay for it ;-)

--
Brad Clements,                bkc at murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
http://www.wecanstopspam.org/                   AOL-IM: BKClements