[Zope-dev] [Zope Enhancement Proposal] Sanitizing local roles

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Jul 23 15:17:56 EDT 2004

robert rottermann wrote at 2004-7-22 21:35 +0200:
>I would very much apreciate such an enhancment.
>
>so ++1
>
>I would like to see where a role was assigned.

To keep the management page simple,
my proposal only would tell you "somewhere above".
This is enough information to decide what to do locally.

When you really would need to find the precise place
you would need to go up until you see the definition.
It would not be difficult to provide links for easy up movement.

>And If I can express yet an other wish:
>I would very much like to have a way to see what the settings for a
>particular User is. And where the settings for a given permissions have
>come from.

You might be interested in GRUFs "Audit".
When I tried it in my installation, it entered an infinite loop -- apparently
some bug. But conceptually, it may come near to what you want.

--
Dieter