[Zope-dev] ZClass to FS Class conversion magic?

Taylor, Monty Monty.Taylor at Monster.com
Wed Jul 28 10:15:55 EDT 2004

Hi all,

So I'm working a project with a bunch of ZClasses. (It's got a _bunch_ of
DTML, too, but that's a whole different story) I'd like to replace the
ZClasses with Python Filesystem based classes. The problem comes with the
instantiated objects of the ZClasses. I have tried making a fake ZClass,
instantiating it, and the replacing the ZClass with a Python class, but I
can seem to get the object to associate with the new class. I've used the
same class names and meta_type type stuff. Is there a magic __something
variable I need to set somewhere, or some other magic I can do to register a
class to replace the ZClass. (I would obviously have to delete the ZClass)

Any ideas? I don't ever screw with ZClasses, prefering emacs and cvs, so I
don't have too much zen with them.

Thanks!
Monty

"Bringing people together to advance their lives."

NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is
intended by TMP Interactive Inc. d/b/a Monster or one of its subsidiaries
for the use of the named individual or entity to which it is addressed and
may contain information that is privileged or otherwise confidential.  It is
not intended for transmission to, or receipt by, any individual or entity
other than the named addressee (or a person authorized to deliver it to the
named addressee) except as otherwise expressly permitted in this electronic
mail transmission. If you have received this electronic transmission in
error, please delete it without copying or forwarding it, and notify the
sender of the error by reply email or by calling Monster at 1-800-MONSTER.