[Zope-dev] Arbitrary Arguments?

Marshall Powers mpowers1 at stevens.edu
Sat Jun 5 19:16:32 EDT 2004

Can Script(Python) objects be given arbitrary arguments, with either
the *name or **name style of argument passing from Python? What about
Product methods?

I've been trying to get this to work for a while now, and my tests and
searches seem rather futile. If I write a Script with arguments

foo, *args

or

foo, **dict

and call it with a url like .../Test?foo=abc&bar=def&baz=ghi

and print the arguments, the foo variable has the correct value, but
the args/dict variable is just an empty tuple or dictionary
(respectively). The REQUEST variable does contain keys 'foo', 'bar',
and 'baz', but the args/dict variables never get them. Pretty much the
same thing happens when I try to do the same in a Product method.

So what is the deal?

Thank You =)

Marshall