[Zope-dev] Re: [Plone-developers] Re: Five and 2.9

alan runyan alan at enfoldsystems.com
Tue Jun 15 12:45:03 EDT 2004

>> Alan, does that address your concerns?
>
> Just understand that the Five approach is still being developed, so
> there's nothing to "adopt" yet. :)  But I certainly encourage folks to
> participate and help Martijn figure out what the approach should be.

Raphael, I think its great that Jim responded. Now we (collectively)
need to get some usage out of Five.

Jim, Thanks for explaining ZC's position re: FrankenZope or backporting
CA into Zope2.  One of the big questions that I believe is open is how to
use more of zope.app in Zope 2 - specifically Schema/Widgets.  I heard
that Zope Corp. is using this in some projects.

So - I asked if people to do some CMF/Plone implementation of Views
in certain aspects.  I am up for creating a Supplement to Plone to bolts on
some of the technologies and uses it.  Maybe specifically using it for
doing in-place versioning.  I urge the communities to use Plone or maybe a
fork of it (or the CMF) to be a playground.  Like Idle forked to land some
major features for Python.  Then it can be integrated back into subsequent
projects.

--
Alan Runyan
Enfold Systems, LLC. - Principal