[Zope-dev] Zope 2.7 date international configuration

Santi Camps santi at zetadb.com
Tue Mar 2 06:04:22 EST 2004

Hi all,

I'm just beginning to move my applications to Zope 2.7 and I've found
something estrange related to dates. In the new zope.conf you can enable
an option:  "datetime-format international"

I've enabled it hoping that fields named   field_name:date  will be
handled as dates in international format.  But not, they are handled as
dates in "us" format.

Seeing the ZPublisher/Converters.py I see that fields in the form
field_name:date_international are handled OK.  But fields with just
":date" are hanled with default DateTime format.

Seeing DateTime module, it seems that this default format should be in
an environment variable DATETIME_FORMAT.  Also, it seems that this
variable should be defined during Zope startup.

But the result is that with :date fields, "us" format is always used,
not following the instruction in zope.conf.  Perhaps there is some
problem in Zope configuration machinery.

Anybody else with this problem ?

--
Santi Camps
http://zetadb.sourceforge.net