[ZODB-Dev] Re: BTrees strangeness (was [Zope-dev] Zope 2.X BIG Session problems - blocker - our site dies - need help of experience Zope developer, please)

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Thu Mar 11 01:25:04 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 23:14, michael wrote:

Thanks for your excellent isolation here.

> I don't get a KeyError thrown until *after* at least one rendering of
> standard_error_message that includes an access to a session variable.
> And I'm only getting KeyError's for sessions that have had a chance to
> expire. And that KeyError will be thrown whenever any access is made
> for the session. (Previously I thought I was *only* seeing KeyError's
> being thrown from standard_error_message.)

I think after provide transaction isolation for the duration of an
error, we will not see this symptom occur again.  That's the first step,
at least.  We are going to have a "bugathon" at the Zope 2 sprint at
PyCon 9 days from now, and I will put this high on the list.  Would you
be willing to test a Zope 2.7 version that contains a fix?

Thanks!

- C