[Zope-dev] Re: ...but I want to access 'a particular tuple' in that context!

Jamie Heilman jamie at audible.transient.net
Tue Mar 23 15:04:01 EST 2004

Tres Seaver wrote:

> The 'iteritems' method of a dictionary returns an object of type
> 'dictionary-iterator';  AccessControl.ZopeGuards makes no container
> assertions about that type, although it *does* permit calling the
> 'iteritems' method which returns an instance of it.
>
> I find it interesting that that module wraps 'iterkeys' and 'itervalues'
> in its 'get_iter' checker, but allows unrestricted access to 'iteritems'.

Yeah I saw that, which is why I asked about it, I couldn't decide if
it was left sort of half-baked on purpose or not.  I assume not, but I
wanted to make sure.

> The following patch will make your use case work (it would need to be
> prettied up for Python < 2.3):

OK, but really I'm more interested in having this supported in Zope
proper, I can always use .items() instead of .iteritems() and soak the
associated costs if I have to.  Surely making iteritems use a guarded
interator is the Right thing, yes?

--
Jamie Heilman                     http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"Most people wouldn't know music if it came up and bit them on the ass."