[Zope-dev] ZPT for CSS, anyone?

Jamie Heilman jamie at audible.transient.net
Tue Mar 30 14:21:51 EST 2004

Dylan Jay wrote:
> Actually my use case isn't really for dynamic stylesheets but for
> absolute urls. I want to be able to edit say a filesystem site using
> dreamweaver and have relative urls like background-image:
> url(back.jpg) work, and then when this is used in a zope site such
> as a plone site then have it use something like background-image:
> url(http://site.com/back.jpg) to save on repeated requests.

If the zope hierarchy matches your filesystem hierarchy, you shouldn't
need to use absolute URIs.

> The other possible use case might what plone does with dtml in it's
> skins which is to define a color/font once and use it in many
> places. I'm not that fussed about that one, but neither of them are
> really dynamic.

I don't use plone, so I couldn't speak to this.

> What if there was a CSSFile that when loaded changes all urls to
> absolute urls? That might be too specific but at least it does open
> the dynamisim flood gates.

Thats doing the work in the wrong place.  If you have a one-time
translation job, which is basically what you're asking for, then
you should do it once before the object is placed into the zodb.

--
Jamie Heilman                     http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing