[Zope-dev] Re: maximum number of mounted databases with APE?

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario at ita.chalmers.se
Mon May 3 07:46:01 EDT 2004

Tres Seaver wrote:

> Dario Lopez-Kästen wrote:
>
>> Hi, I am thinking of partitioning my ZODB quite a lot for both serving
>> and packing performance reasons.
>>
>> What is the maximum number of recommended mounted ZODB's to use with
>> DBTab?

> Hmmm, the Subject: header suggested that the question was about APE;  I
> almost skipped over it.

ouch! Sorry. I thought DBTab, but spelled APE.

> WRT DBTab:  as of Zope 2.7, that product is obsolete:  its functionality
> has been folded into Zope.Startup's processing of the config file.

We have to use DBTab atm because we are still using 2.6.2 in production
and we haven't tested 2.7 yet for this particular application.

would it be safe to assuem that if we keep the number of monted
databases below 15 or even 10, are we on the safe side?

BTW - we use DirectoryStorage and had to patch DBTab to make this work
(that patch is pending more time to be finalised and released) - do we
need to do the same with Zope 2.7?

I haven't looked at Zope 2.7 yet, so I haven't been able to determine
for myself of much alike/different it is from DBTab in this regard.

Thanks,

/dario