[Zope-dev] Re: [Collector] Strange reject policy

Ken Manheimer klm at zope.com
Thu May 6 10:37:31 EDT 2004

On Thu, 6 May 2004, Andreas Jung wrote:

> --On Donnerstag, 6. Mai 2004 12:37 Uhr +0100 Chris Withers
> <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Ken Manheimer wrote:
> >
> >> Done.  The piece you were missing is that the categories are actually
> >> states in the collector_issue_workflow.  I added a "Wontfix" state and a
> >> "refuse" transition (bringing to a total of three the transitions by
> >> which  issues are dodged:), and hooked them into the existing lattice.
> >
> > Yay! Does this mean we have a fully functional "wont fix" state now?
>
> A state we_can_live_with_that would be fine as well :-)

That's either "Reject" or "Defer" with "We can live with that (/for now)."
body.

I can envision a little action qualifier text box, where the supporter can
put in a brief message that describes the reason for their action.  It
would (in my fantasy vision) have an accompanying select box that is
populated with the catalog-collected uniqueValuesFor() for that action.
(Javascript would jam the values in the select box when the supporter
picks an action, from the selections for all the available actions
prepopulated in a hidden field).  This way the supporter could add a new
reason, if none of the conventional (already-in-use) ones suit.

While i love this prospect - fits my ideal of adaptive collaboration - i'm
not sure the extra precision outweighs the extra complexity - and who has
time to implement this, anyway?-)

Ken