[Zope-dev] Zope and Python 2.4

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Wed Nov 10 09:04:28 EST 2004

--On Donnerstag, 11. November 2004 0:54 Uhr +1100 Alan Milligan
<alan at balclutha.org> wrote:

> I followed the thread a week or so ago with great interest, in that
> substantially Zope is working with Python 2.4
>
> However, RedHat have now released Python 2.4 in the Fedora development
> stream and it will ship with FC4.
>
> Does ZC have an official position upon this yet?

Speaking as Zope release manager but not as official of ZC: Python 2.3.4
will likely be the recommended Python version for Zope 2.7.  I am personally
running Zope 2.7.3 with Plone since some weeks under Python 2.4b1 but
I am doing this at my "own risk".  Python 2.4 might be of interest for Zope
2.8.
Going for Python 2.4 just because Fedora ships with it is not really an
argument.

-aj