[Zope-dev] using VirtualHostMonster in a ZPublisher python module?

Royce mroyce at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 11:17:20 EDT 2004

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 09:39:02 +0200, Tino Wildenhain <tino at wildenhain.de> wrote:
> Am So, den 19.09.2004 schrieb Royce um 23:55:
> > The module is a full website. It started way back when as a Bobo app
> > and I've never learned of a good way to bring it into managed zope
> > land. It's remained a ZPublisher app. Believe me, I know I'm not
> > mainstream with this. Would like to bring it mainstream but
> > practically speaking have to do it a bit at a time.
> >
> > My URLs do not all start with a / -- some are relative to current
> > location. Are you saying that if I change them all to be absolute
> > paths for the site it will work? Not the greatest practice but I'm
> > looking for practical solutions.
>
> Either you set the <base> tag yourself or you fix your
> relative links to starting with /. Both is a goot Idea
> for a zope app as well.

I am setting <base> tag myself in my standard header. However this
does not fix REQUEST.URL[0-3] and .BASE[0-3]. Is there a good way to
clean them up?

Was hoping to hear of a way to insert a VHM into my zpublisher app
object tree or something. Could just hack in hardwired cleanup for URL
and BASE but that seems ugly.

Royce