[Zope-dev] HEADS UP: QA Problems with Zope 2

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 11:00:39 EDT 2005

On Apr 4, 2005 4:53 PM, Tim Peters <tim.peters at gmail.com> wrote:
> Unix-heads certainly want it anyway; Windows-heads aren't used to
> anything better than the Windows services API, so they don't even
> bring it up.

Well, it's not so much as API, but the fact that Windows people are
used to starting a service through the control panel, and not through
a python-script. After all, you don't need the python script. ;)

Possibly zopectl could start the service if it's called on a windows
machine, instead of trying to pretend that it runs on unix... I don't
know how hard that would be.
Also, I don't know how hard it would be to get rid of the unix
specific things for running zopectl test and such...