[Zope-dev] Re: Windows Binaries for 2.8b1

Florian Schulze florian.proff.schulze at gmx.net
Mon Apr 25 06:21:39 EDT 2005

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 10:54:23 +0200, Christian Theune <ct at gocept.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> and again, I got to complain about building Zope on Windows. This time
> it's the 2.8 branch again with the 2.8b1 release.
>
> It looks like the WinBuilders aren't taken care for at all. The ZClass
> tests didn't got into the procedure of getting packaged so I had to copy
> those files manually for running the tests. Then the doctest module
> doesn't comply with platform independent handling of path names using
> 'variable.split("/")' and relatives.
>
> The now running tests fail pretty much in various places (Catalog,
> ZODB, ...)
>
> I'm not able to do any work on this as I'm lacking time. I took the job
> of building the releases as long as it's pressing the "do it now button"
> and running the tests seeing them pass. I did not take the job of
> cleaning up Zope for Windows. The WinBuilders are a really annoying
> thing, I'm glad they went away for Zope3.
>
> To notice: Zope 2.8a1 has not been available as Windows release and
> neither will be 2.8b1. You really want to blindly go forward for an RC
> not having a single external user running any 2.8 release at all?
>
> I'm pretty annoyed right now.
>
> Cheers,
> Christian

I wanted to look a bit into this, but quickly ran into problems. I checked
out WinBuilders and Zope 2.8. I was easily able to use inst/configure.py
and nmake to compile and install Zope. But how do I generate the Zope.tgz
needed for WinBuilders? Will WinBuilders work with InnoSetup 5.0.8?

Regards,
Florian Schulze