[Zope-dev] Re: ZEO, FastCGI and Shibboleth

Zachery Bir zbir at urbanape.com
Tue Apr 26 11:36:38 EDT 2005

On 2005-04-25 06:58:17 -0400, "John Snowdon"
<J.P.Snowdon at newcastle.ac.uk> said:

> Has anyone any thoughts about how to go about shibboleth enabling a
> whole host of ZEO instances... without each one having an Apache server
> sitting in front of it? Or is there an alternative method out there that
> perhaps is not widely known?

We'd contemplated doing more work with PAS and Shibboleth to actually
get Zope to do the equivalent of mod_shibboleth, but it never went
anywhere. We stick Zope behind Apache (or some other proxying system -
Squid, et al.) as a matter of course, so it was a no-brainer to just
use mod_shibboleth in situ.

We've posted the contents (modulo any specific policy) of our
Shibboleth implementation for PAS. It amounts to a few Scriptable
Plugins to handle the specific HTTP headers that get scribbled on a
Shibboleth session. Here's the message:

  <http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-pas/2005-March/000314.html>

Zac