[Zope-dev] Re: Windows Binaries for 2.8b1

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Apr 26 14:49:19 EDT 2005

Tim Peters wrote:
> [Tim Peters]

> I think this gets worse with Zope3 code, and especially when mixed in
> with Zope2.  Zope3 still uses setup.py for testing from a checkout,
> but uses zpkgtools for building a distribution:  those two subsystems
> have nothing in common, and get out of synch with each other.  It
> would be better if Z3's setup.py used zpkgtools too, but it doesn't
> now.

Yup. We encountered this pain in working on the 3.1 release.
I'm hoping to spend some time with Fred tomorrow to see if we
can make a checkout use more of zpkgtools.

zpkgtools is still a work in progress though.  I expect we'll
evolve it a bit more in the course of the 3.1 release.

> In any case, nothing in Z2 (including WinBuilders) knows
> anything about how to live with zpkgtools now.

Yup.  I'd like to fix this for 2.9. :)

Jim