[Zope-dev] Username/userid separation

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Thu Aug 4 03:39:26 EDT 2005

On 4 Aug 2005, at 01:01, Leonardo Rochael Almeida wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've started the lra-userid_username_separation-branch (from
> Zope-2_8-branch to start from a stable point) in order to implement
> proper userid/username separation in Zope.

Chris McDonough did most of that for Zope 2.7 already a long long
time ago. There might be cleanups needed here and there, but for all
practical purposes the separation exists and works. The standard user
folder implementation doesn't support it AFAIK. Where specifically do
you see it not work?

I've been using it for the LDAPUserFolder for ages where you can
specify different attributes for the ID and the login, and change the
login value at will. And, like Tino mentioned, PAS uses it as well.

jens