[Zope-dev] Re: Logging of ConflictError

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Fri Dec 2 10:21:46 EST 2005

I initially gave Florent's proposal a +1 because frankly I'm kinda
sick of answering people's questions about conflict "errors" (this
deserves some treatment in docs actually).  But I do agree that it is
useful to be able to see conflict errors in non-blather logs when you
*do* know what they mean; I was just going to patch Zope myself
locally to be able to see them after Florent applied his "for the
masses" patch.

If other people like Chris feel strongly about displaying them, I'm
not going to complain much.  Sometimes it's useful for people who
*don't* know what they mean to see them so that when their myisam
tables have three copies of a row or their mailhost is sending two
emails instead of one, that we can ask them to go look at their logs
and search for a conflict error.  The answer is always the same.. use
a transactional doodad, but it's useful to be able to "get there"
with them.

IOW, either way is fine by me.