[Zope-dev] Logging of ConflictError

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Fri Dec 2 11:58:51 EST 2005

On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 02:09:56PM +0100, Florent Guillaume wrote:
> On 2 Dec 2005, at 11:09, Chris Withers wrote:
> >I was planning on rolling my changes out to 2.8, 2.9 and the trunk.
> >Unless anyone strenuously objects, I still intend to do that. I
> >cleaned up a lot of the code and made a few other changes that
> >generally improve logging.
>
> I strenuously object to you overwriting without consultation code I
> just checked in and that was approved by at least 3 people.

I'm +1 on having failed retries show up at level ERROR.

I'm neutral on having successful retries show up at level INFO, BLATHER,
or in some other log handler entirely.  Conflict errors are a pretty
small part of my world and I don't really have a strong opinion on this
part of the debate, and I don't have time to review either of
your patches.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com