[Zope-dev] Logging of ConflictError

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Dec 5 04:18:04 EST 2005

Dennis Allison wrote:
> Dieter's point about not includeing the traceback makes sense
> if all it does is report on the reporting code.

Yeah, the traceback just shows where the ConflictError was raised, not
what caused it, and theyr'e always in very different places...

> Wlorent, do you envision a single ConflicError or two -- one which
> succeeds on retry and another where the retry fails?

Huh?

ConflictErrors are ConflictErrors, it's a "server" level decision as to
how they're handled. Zope chooses to retry the whole request up to 3
times when a ConflictError occurs.

The new logging code I put in records exactly how many conflicts have
occurrred, and how many remain unresolved even after 3 retries.

I know you've been having fun with this type of error, so you might well
want to grav the changes from svn and give them a spin...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk