[Zope-dev] Imports broken on 2.9.0-b1?

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Mon Dec 12 01:57:43 EST 2005

Am Sonntag, den 11.12.2005, 23:19 -0500 schrieb Paul Winkler:
> Another quickie problem report - no time to investigate further right
> now, but can anybody else reproduce?  If so, I'll try to fix tomorrow...
>
> In a fresh 2.9.0-b1 instance, made via bin/mkzopeinstance, I get this
> when I click the "Import/Export" button in the ZMI:
>
> Site Error
>
> An error was encountered while publishing this resource.
>
> Error Type: OSError
> Error Value: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
> '/home/pw/Zope-2.9.0b1-SoftwareHome/import'
>
> And the traceback is:
> OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
> '/home/pw/Zope-2.9.0b1-SoftwareHome/import'
>

> Well, err, why are you looking there? That's not my instance home :-\

I suspect its the feature which got introduced in 2.8? or so which
has a browser for packets to import so you dont have to
guess and type the name correctly. And to not have to
copy the exaples to every instance home, it
looks in Software-home too.

2 questions araise, though:

1) why is Softwarehome/import not there?
2) why is the test not skipping the non existant
   directory.

Either case a bug report :)

++Tino