[Zope-dev] [RfC] Removal of old stuff in Zope 2.10

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Tue Dec 20 14:13:18 EST 2005

--On 20. Dezember 2005 13:32:02 -0500 Paul Winkler <pw_lists at slinkp.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 01:24:32PM -0500, Paul Winkler wrote:
>> Maybe if we don't want to bundle them, we could host them in a versioned
>> hierarchy on zope.org, like the way old versions of Python docs are
>> always available on python.org.
>
> ... which, duh, doesn't handle help for third-party products.
> So this is a non-solution.

I mentioned already Apidoc from Z3. One way would be to move the API
descriptions of the Zope code into interface files (I don't know how much
code in Zope has no interfaces so far...we could possibly autogenerate
interface files from code). As far as I can see Apidoc in Z3 gets its
information from the registered components and their interfaces. Possibly we
could replace the registration of a product with the HelpSys with *some*
registry which might be used by Apidoc (Apidoc looks very generic).
*Possibly* we could register the STX file with this registry as well....

just-loud-thinking,
-aj