[Zope-dev] zope-2.9 r40780 make install doesn't finish, files missing from bin

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Wed Dec 21 14:35:35 EST 2005

On 21 Dec 2005, at 18:47, Jim Fulton wrote:
> I'll note, FWIW, that we don't do installs from Zope 3 checkouts.
> I think it's worth asking whether this is an important requirement.
> If it is, then we should make it work.  Question is, is it worth
> delaying the release?  I don't know.

IMHO it is an important requirement. We're inviting a hailstorm of
questions and annoyed users by breaking this well-known routine for
checkouts.

I really think there is not a single good reason for having a
different experience for checkouts vs tarballs. It would even lead to
major annoyance where I work right now, just to give a real life
example. For us, building out a development sandbox is the same
process as building out a production instance, and for development
buildouts we routinely want to just substitute checkous from a
different tag/branch of Zope.

jens