[Zope-dev] [RfC] Removal of old stuff in Zope 2.10

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario at ita.chalmers.se
Thu Dec 22 02:30:43 EST 2005

Chris Withers wrote:
> Andreas Jung wrote:
>>
>> I've never met ppl who actually used the HelpSys so that's why I am
>> raising the question about the value of the HelpSys. Lots of my
>> co-workers work with Zope on different levels (scripters, product
>> developers)...I've always pointed them to the Zope Book...the HelpSys
>> was never a topic.
>

> I most commonly use the HurtSys for DateTime's api, and some of the
> idnexing apis. That said, I also agree it should die if something nicer
> comes along ;-)

I use it a lot, and like Chris, for the DateTime stuff, but also for
looking up how to manage properties, etc. It is/was a big help for me
(more so than the zope book, at least when I was learning Zope) when
learning stuff and looking up things.

One difference I perceive (YMMV) between the Zope book and the Online
help is that the online help is more of a renference than the Zope book.

I think my point is that it is an added value if there is an online help
available that does not require a live connection to the internet every
time you need to look something up.

So +1 on killing the current helpsystem and +1 on replacing it with
something nicer :-)

Sincerely,
/dario

Lyrics applied to programming & application design:
"emancipate yourself from mental slavery" - redemption song, b. marley