[Zope-dev] Re: [RfC] Removal of old stuff in Zope 2.10

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Thu Dec 22 13:37:25 EST 2005

--On 22. Dezember 2005 12:44:23 -0330 Rocky Burt <rocky at serverzen.com>
wrote:

> Well, if we simply suck sqlite in as a build time requirement (during
> the 'make' process) do we care about importing non-ZPL code into
> svn.zope.org?  We would only care about licensing when distributing
> binaries that include sqlite, no?

The sources must be part of the distribution so loading the package is not
an option for me. But as Chris pointed out Sqlite is really free software.
Since you volunteered (didn't you? :-) ) one should ask Jim about the
license issue . Then the source should go at some location on svn.zope.org.
The same applies to the SqliteDA (it's ZPL..maybe one should contact the
author as well)....that's should not be too hard.
So I am +0.75 to include Sqlite with Zope 2.10 (already deprecating Gadfly
in 2.9 (I created already a copy of the ZGadyfly product on svn.zope.org).

-aj