[Zope-dev] Renamed the Zope package to Zope2 and including Zope 3 packages in Zope 2.8

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Wed Feb 2 06:02:28 EST 2005

On Wednesday 02 February 2005 05:28, Chris Withers wrote:
> Martijn Faassen wrote:
> > That's only to make things more easily deployable. Right now the hard
> > part is however detaching Zope 3 stuff from its dependencies
>
> Really? That's extremely disappointing :-(
> The most important aim of Zope 3 from my POV was to be able to use as
> little or as much of it as you want, not suffer dependency hell as we do
> in Zope 2...

Yes, that is true for packages in zope. However, zope.app was designed as the
application server and has thus many dependencies among the packages in
zope.app. Note that the srichter-blow-services branch will bring great relief
to some of these dependencies. registration, component and site used to have
circular imports, but in the branch they all have been merged into
zope.app.component, with each module being independent of the others. For
example, the registration code does not depend on the local site manager
code.

Regards,
Stephan
--