[Zope-dev] Re: Renamed the Zope package to Zope2 and including Zope 3 packages in Zope 2.8

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Wed Feb 2 14:20:35 EST 2005

--On Mittwoch, 2. Februar 2005 19:28 Uhr +0100 Lennart Regebro
<regebro at nuxeo.com> wrote:

> I agree. Get Zope 2.8 out now and then we can work on the Z3 integration
> in 2.9, preferrably merging Five into 2.9 completely. That integration
> should be rather easy, as Five is already in a workable state, and it's
> mostly a case of making copy zope.* to Zope2. Or am I missing something?

+1 to defer the integration of Z3 technologies until 2.9. It would be nice
to have this stuff
in Z2 soon but the more important thing is to get a reasonable and stable
2.8 asap  because
people are waiting for MVCC which is a very important feature - more
important than providing
than built-in support for Five (which can be added manually by people
interested working with Five).

-aj