[Zope-dev] Zope comes with bin/zopectl and bin/runzope but no zeo equivalents

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Thu Feb 3 12:15:13 EST 2005

On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 02:36:41PM -0200, Rodrigo Dias Arruda Senra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that Zope 2.x usually comes with bin/zopectl and bin/runzope
> scripts but no zeo equivalent scritps. Is there a reason for that ?

What do you mean "usually comes with"?
When you install Zope from a source tarball, you can
run bin/mkzopeinstance.py to create the Zope scripts,
and bin/mkzeoinstance.py to create the ZEO scripts.

Maybe what you are really complaining about is that
the ./configure; make; make install process doesn't automatically
make a ZEO instance?

Or maybe that when you make install, the last message is:

Zope binaries installed successfully.
Now run '/home/pw/tmp/NewZope/bin/mkzopeinstance.py'

... but nothing is said about ZEO?

> I usually create bin/zeoctl and bin/runzeo to restore the simmetry,
> which eases management.
>
> That was filed in ZC under:
> http://collector.zope.org/Zope/1388

That's about the lack of a ZEO batch file for the windows shell,
aka DOS.  Different problem.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com